Xamsa PXT 110 Specifications:
Construction: Toray Japan carbon fiber, basalt
Net Weight: 110 grams
Strung Weight: 150 grams
Surface area: 500 cm2
Length 686: mm
Balance (strung): 355 mm +/- 5mm
String: 14x18 pattern, Xamsa Microfilament PMZ-18g, Black
Grip: Xamsa, White
Xamsa newest model, the PXT Incognito, was released on April 27, 2018.
Key features include:
- Teardrop 500 sq.cm racquet with large sweet spot.
- 100% Toray Japan carbon fiber
- Quality consistency. All racquets are consistently excellent with the same weight and balance for the whole batch thanks to prepreg technology.
- Comes unstrung due to higher manufacturing costs and to allow players to take advantage of high quality custom stringing options
- Same $100 CDN retail price as other high end Xamsa racquets
Let us tell you a little bit more about the construction and technology behind this unique racquet.
The mold is exactly the same as our PXT 110/115, but the construction is not.
The racquet is made of 100% Toray Japan carbon fiber using prepreg technology.
Prepreg is a composite material in which a reinforcement fiber is pre-impregnated with resin in a specific ratio. This allows for direct laying into a mold without having to add resin. Every racquet has the same ratio of resin with no excess or dry spots. Uniform thickness allows for all racquets to be almost identical, with the same weight and balance as per advertised specifications.
What makes PXT Incognito unique is that it’s a consistently excellent racquet with consistent weight and balance for every racquet, not to mention a large sweet spot, effortless power and a sleek design.
When doing research we could not find any other squash racquet on the market made of 100% Japanese carbon fiber using prepreg technology and we are still not sure as to why.
Perhaps the racquet doesn’t need to be made out of such premium materials and it’s hard to justify the higher manufacturing cost which is almost twice as much as for standard racquets?